- 3/4 cup ground coffee, regular or decaffeinated
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sticks, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, optional, garnish
- Add the coffee grounds and cinnamon to the filter basket of your coffee pot. Add the water and brew as normal.
- While the coffee is brewing, bring the milk, cream, chocolate syrup and brown sugar to a gentle simmer in a small saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the brewed coffee to the mixture. Slowly whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Divide the Mexican coffee among 4 cups and top with whipped cream.
- To garnish add a sprinkle of cinnamon or chocolate shavings, and stick in a cinnamon stick.
Just remember that ground coffee is best grounded fresh so make sure you have a grinder at home - a hand held can be just as good. Check out our rhino hand held grinder.
Your next dinner party after dinner drink sorted!